Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Recycle bin therapy

I cleaned out my office desk today in preparation for the Voyage to the Great Beyond.**

Aside from that, I threw away a lot of stuff. I mean lots.

- Old Cd covers (why did i ever keep them in the first place?),
- Old paper reprints (God when did i ever read this?)
- Xeroxes of my certificates (i was OCD case once and to apply to any place i would carry three xerozes or more of all my certificates all the way back to my tenth),
- Non-working mosquito repellants (mosquitoes in the lab?)
- Hand santisers (wtf?)
- Binoculars (wtff?)
- A photograph of a person reading a girlie magazine (this was used to blackmail him by his friends and then left in my possesion. yes i have/had weird friends)
- a blank greeting card that was never sent.
- a new york momento got by Certain someone which i had forgotten. it shows the World trade Centre towers still standing.

All the bins in my lab and adjacent labs are overflowing with my discarded stuff.

I feel as if I am suddenly free of cares and don't have attachments anymore. Its a wonderful feeling. Perhaps this is how ascetics feel when they renouce the world.

** - the Pacific Ocean not the River Styx.

3 comments:

oook said...

Hand sanitizers are good things to have when you work in a bio lab, no?

And it's memento for FSM's sake. Not momento. Momento is not even an English word.

Sagar Kolte said...

Goodbye Samudrika, I hope to see you again. :-)

samudrika said...

@oook
hmm i guess but i never used them at all. ridiculous of me! guess i just love my germs.

@sagar
I dont belive much in good byes. they have a finality about them which i detest.