Monday, December 19, 2005

Movies Part Deux

This being December is 'Oscar Season' for the movies. Therefore I have had to come up with a list of 'movies to see' very soon compared to the first.

These movies won't be here for a few months at least. Therefore I vent my frustrations by blogging about them.

1) Syriana: This is about oil poilitics. I love a good conspiracy theory and if there are huge barrels of oil at stake even better. I am looking forward to see how Arab Sheikhs are portrayed in the movie.

2) Aeon Flux : This movie is not exactly critically acclaimed but I am a sucker for science fiction. Add to that, the publicity blurb goes "400 years in the future, as a disease has wiped out most of the Earth's population, those who have survived live in Bregna, a walled city-state ruled by scientists". Now how can I miss that?

Movie that I will definitely not see even if someone pays for the ticket, the cab fare and the dinner afterwards.

1) King Kong: No, no no I dont understand what can be so appealing about a huge gorilla falling in love with a small tiny female. Big gorrillas are impossible. They have not existed in the past and will not in the future either. To top it all this movie has a rating of 8.3 at IMDB and is currently ruling the U.S. box-office. Life is unfair.

2 comments:

kray said...

I'd add Narnia to that list.. ahh well, I'm a sucker for fantasy.

samudrika said...

Ahh the Chronicles of Narnia! I vaguely remember a TV series of the same that I saw when I was a kid.
Fantasy is cool too.